Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Seeing Him Tonight

When M got here to watch the baby, I went for a run to pound out some more aggression on the pavement. Definitely theraputic, even if I had to stop for a roadside cry.

Tears...I've seen more of them from my husband in the short time we were together tonight than I ever have before. And in them I began to see the man I fell in love with. He still loves me. He's afraid to lose me. Keep trembling, honey, you're not in out of the cold yet. But you will be. Actually, I'm afraid to let him know how much I do want him back. If he knew how easy it could be, well, he might stop trying. I finally had to send him back to his parents' house not because I couldn't stand the sight of him, but because he is too broken to take the barrage of angry words ready to slip out of my mouth at any moment. Though most of those words need to be said, they can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment