Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Anniversary

He came home tonight and packed a suitcase. I couldn’t talk to him.

He doesn’t even realize it yet, but he packed his suitcase this time last week. (Monday night.) Actually, six weeks ago. And really I probably should have made him literally pack it before that.

To keep my brain from revisiting what I was doing this time last week and visualizing what he was doing, I am playing my new worship album, In Christ Alone.

So instead of wondering, “What if I had done something different to keep him home?" I started wondering, "What if I had been listening to this music then, keeping my mind on Christ?" It wouldn't change a single thing in the situation; it would only change me. And it can still change me now.

For that kind of change, it is never too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment