Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 2: Sadness

One reason I'm not glad I'm breastfeeding: until the baby sleeps through the night, I can't turn off the pain for more than 5 hours at a time.

If Act 1 was all about anger, in Act 2 sadness takes center stage. Overwhelmed is the only word for this. By the end of yesterday I had pulled myself together enough to wash a few dishes and bathe the baby. It seemed like the curtain had fallen on the performance of my greif. But as the it opens again on a whole new cast of emotions, I see this was only the first of many vignettes on the same theme. All I can hope for now are generous intermissions of sleep or numbness.

Someday I'll be able to walk out of the theater of my greif. But not until the show has played itself out to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment