Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

New Beginning?

"I am sorry I didn't realize that the reason I thought the last year was going so well was because you were shielding me," my husband said before leaving tonight.

I could have kissed him right there, but my boundaries are up now. They have to be.

He's starting to get it. And I'm starting to get it.

He was literally insane for the past year.

"I thought the only thing wrong was the sex." Ummm, what?! We bought a house, I had a baby, he got promoted to a more difficult job, and (this alone should be enough) we were trying to raise a two-year-old. I did much of the work, and took all the blame, and he was blind. That sounds so selfish and whiny, but it was true.

He had a complete break with reality. He deflected it in all kinds of clever ways, with his brain and his tongue. This is all typical of addiction, I guess. I finally got a glimpse into the insanity, and him into the real world...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment