Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Abusive"

I was so afraid to put that label on it before, but meeting with a marriage counselor today gave me the courage to do so. I've always been afraid to, because I have no desire to cast all the blame on him and try to make myself look like a saint.

But I can finally have the courage to simply say: I was RIGHT. He was WRONG. He still is. He still doesn't think what he did was that big of a deal.

He keeps telling me I don't understand because I am a woman. But I talked to his dad and to E tonight, and you know what? All men are not like this! They can make a choice.

This was an abusive relationship. I've been an enabler. And it ends here. And that's all I have to say about it. No throwing it back in his face, no acting like he owes me a lot because of all the years he's taken from me. He does, but it's not my job to make him figure that out. That never worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment