Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

7

Not one time. Seven times. Only one technically. That was bad enough, but this adds a whole new dimension of pain.

First, because I'm stuck in the land of If Only: He told his "friend," who I'd encouraged him to talk to about his issues, exactly what happened the first time, and his friend TOLD HIM NOT TO TELL ME. My husband has always been honest with me about his sexual struggles, often to the point of hurting me. I urged him to save his discontentment with me for talking about with other men, but the actual involvement of another human being in this infidelity is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Ultimately I think he just used his friend's advice as an excuse to begin dishonesty where it had never been before.

But if only he'd not listened, we could have had this crisis weeks ago.

Before he dealt the final blow of going all the way.

Before I had sex with him for the first time(s) after having the baby.

I wish his damn wedding ring had cracked then. (See page: The Ring.)

No comments:

Post a Comment